What Is TMS
- TMS (Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation) is a safe and effective treatment for depression, FDA approved since 2008.
- TMS is the ONLY Non-invasive treatment for depression.
- TMS utilizes a highly focused MRI-strength magnet to stimulate nerve cells in the area of the brain that effects your mood.
- TMS stimulates neurons in a specific area of the brain to help your body use its own untapped neurotransmitters like serotonin, dopamine and epinephrine to help effect your mood positively.
- TMS can strengthen the neuronal connections of the brain that can be everlasting.
- TMS is a quick 6 week medical treatment that can control and even end your depression in the time it takes most antidepressants to work.
What TMS is not:
1. TMS is NOT ECT or SHOCK therapy.
2. TMS does NOT involve anesthesia.
3. TMS is NOT a Drug or antidepressant.
4. TMS does not cause antidepressant side effects.
5. TMS will not cause memory impairment or any cognitive problems.
6. TMS will not cause brain tumors/cancer or effective your brain in a negative way as it has been researched and well studied since 1985.